Welcome to Academic Advising Week!

Welcome to Academic Advising Week!

by Josh Hibbard -
Number of replies: 0

One thing that is different about APOU is that we don’t just provide academic advising sessions once a year like many universities. Instead, we contact you twice a semester (six times a year) to make sure you're on the right path toward your educational goals.

This week you'll be contacted by your life coach, who will review your educational plan with you, including your course history, course requirements, and classes for the upcoming session. I wanted to send out a brief announcement with some suggestions that will better prepare you for your advising session this week:

• Go to www.apou.net and review our new program offerings. If you have any questions or are considering switching programs, discuss this with your life coach.
  • If you haven’t met the math requirement for your program and you are not ready to enroll in College Algebra, consider enrolling in Math-95 “Intermediate Algebra.” Discuss this option with your life coach.
  • Be sure you can access your course records at the APOU Learner Portal (https://learner.apou.net/). If you are unable to login or need help navigating the portal, ask your life coach for help.

You are now in the last half of your coursework for the Spring I 2012 session and I'm sure many of you are experiencing the challenges of balancing your work life, home life, and college life. I’d encourage you to take a moment and remember why you're here. Don't lose sight of the reasons why you enrolled at APOU and what it will mean to you, your family, and your friends when you graduate and earn your degree. I am confident that you have what it takes to cross the finish line and I look forward to seeing you at graduation.